* Not caring whether anyone links to you is like not caring that your article was printed in white ink on white paper.
* If you only chase what people are reading, you’ll never become what they’re talking about.
* If you can’t report, edit, take photos, edit photos, upload photos, shoot video, edit video, upload images, and write your own headline and lede, please get off the internet.
* If you don’t have the resources to moderate your comments section, you don’t deserve a comments section.
* Write for humans and eventually Google will get it. Screw “SEO.” It’s a fool’s game, played by whores.
* Humans also like to know what something is about before they read it. Key words in the headlines and the most important word in the story appearing in the first five words helps with that. Tight and bright never died.
* Traffic ≠ audience.
* Metrics matter. How much a story kicks you in the gut is a metric.
it continues, brilliantly, so please click the link to read the rest…